Monday, September 22, 2008

Friday, September 19

Friday was my roommate Jennifer's birthday. We planned on doing the Bateaux Mouches and then hitting up the Eiffel Tower, but of course we didn't end up leaving the house until 10pm. We live about an hour by metro from the Tower and the last boat leaves at 11pm. We decided not to try to make the boat.

It's a good thing we didn't try to rush to the boat, because we found out on our metro ride that the line we needed was closed before the stop we were trying to get. If we tried to go to Bir Hakim it would have taken about an hour to get to the Tower, and we decided to go to Ecole Militaire because it was only a 35 minute metro ride. Of course the line we needed was closed, and no other lines run to Ecole Militaire. So then we needed to get ourselves to Bir Hakim, which was only mildly confusing. Long story short, we were on the metro when we saw the Tower sparkling at 11, but by the time we got off the metro it was done (the Tower sparkles for 10 minutes every hour from dark until 2am).

Currently, the Eiffel Tower is blue with a ring of stars (the twelve stars of Europe), just like the EU flag! It's to celebrate the French presidency of the EU. I think it's also because they knew I was comnig back, and they wanted me to be able to take even more pictures of a landmark I already have a billion pictures of.



My roommates and I! Vicky, Lia, me and Jennifer


We met some Croatian guys, and shared a bench with some girls playing guitar. We drank Riesling to celebrate Jennifer's birthday, since she's a big fan of sweet wine.


A terrible picture of me standing behind the Tower while it was sparkling


Roommates in front of the sparkling Tower: Lia, Vicky, me and Jennifer


Sparkling Tower!

During the day Friday I took a class at CEA on making crepes! Guys, I am SO good at it.


mmmm leftover crepes


Me making crepes!

I have more pictures of crepe making and the Eiffel Tower on Facebook. The album is public, so you shouldn't need an account to see it, just click on the link!

No comments: