Saturday, September 27, 2008

Gelato

Yeah, yeah, I know it's Italian. But the fact of the matter is that I have not been to Italy, and I love pretty much all forms of sweet frozen dairy treats. As such, I had gelato TWICE this week!

On Wednesday, my French class met up at Luxembourg Gardens to start a little... scavenger hunt, I guess? Anyway, there was a gelato stand in front of the gardens and I have to say, the cone of tiramisu gelato was the best part about that whole debacle. We had to follow a map that our professor gave us and answer questions that we were given in French. We couldn't answer ANY of them, so near the time we should have been finished, we ducked into a papetrie and asked the men at the counter to help us. It was an authentic experience in that they didn't speak English so the entire exchange took place in French, but at the same time I think we were supposed to speak to French people who already KNEW the answers we were looking for. These guys just made use of Google, which admittedly is probably what I would have done in their position.

On Thursday I normally don't have class until 2pm, but I had to meet up with a classmate at 11am to work on a project. We were done by 11:30, which left me with a bunch of free time. Luckily we had a paper due in my wine class, so it wasn't long before other classmates started showing up. I bumped into my friend Melanie, who has become my partner-in-crime when it comes to eating. We decided that lunch was in order before class, so we walked down the street to a Lebanese place. I had some sub-par schwarma (not worth photographing) and she had some delicious little treats that we don't know the name of. We were pretty full, but still had a few minutes to kill before class, so we wandered over to another gelato store. That's right, twice in 24 hours, bitched.

I ordered "Pamplemo Rosa," which was appropriate since the whole schtick of this shop is that they scoop your gelato in the shape of a rose!



mmmmm pink grapefruit

This is the second in a series of pictures we call, "Caitlin Holding Stuff," as documented by Melanie. You may recall the picture of me holding my Louvre card (that is now my facebook default). That's the first. We tried to find something I could hold at the Richard Avedon exhibit we went to that afternoon, but were unsuccessful.

No comments: