Friday, October 10, 2008

JENNY LEWIS

Okay so I am basically copying this entry from messages sent to friends the night that I got back from the Jenny Lewis concert, so I sound super dorky and incredibly excited... I was.

Background info for the old or uninformed: Jenny Lewis is the lead singer from the band Rilo Kiley (one of my all time favorite bands). She released a solo album awhile back, did another album/tour with Rilo Kiley, and then just released a new solo album this fall, which she's now on tour promoting.

So I went to see Jenny Lewis Wednesday night at La Maroquinerie. Her show ended around 10:30 so we hung around the bar above the venue after the show and long story short I hung out with Johnathan Rice (a musician/Jenny's boyfriend) and the rest of her band, Benji Hughes (the opening act) bought us beers and I met Miss Lewis herself, who I have loved and idolized since I was 15 years old.

She wouldn't let us take pictures because she had already washed her face. Then my friend asked if anyone had a pen and I was like, "Kiersten, I an going to be an elementary school teacher. You know I have a Sharpie." and Jenny was like, "Really?" and I was like, "Yeah" and she was like, "Make sure you don't lose your cool, they really need it."
SO BASICALLY JENNY LEWIS SAID I WAS COOL.

The venue was incredible, SUPER small so I was like 5 feet away from the band when I was in the middle of the crowd. AND she played a bunch of songs from Rabbit Fur Coat (her first solo album which I LOVED)! I thought it would be all new stuff since she's promoting the new album right now, so I was pleasantly surprised. Not that I don't like the new album, I just haven't memorized all the songs yet.

I took a billion pictures and you KNOW there will be a slideshow and you should look at my Flickr, but I still want to post some of them here because I am still so happy I met her, and her concert was amazing, she sounded great, her band sounded great, and now I don't feel so bad about missing Rilo Kiley this summer to spend an extra night at Fife Lake.




Jenny and Johnathan


Jenny and the bass player whose name I totally forgot



I also too videos, which are on facebook but unfortunately I don't think you can see them if you're not on Facebook. I tried to upload them to mu Flickr but for some reason it doesn't seem to be working. But if you're my friend on Facebook definitely watch the videos, they're great!

And the Flickr link and slideshow: Enjoy!

No comments: