Friday, October 10, 2008

Nuit Blanche

ahhh I'm so behind on updating!

Last Saturday (almost a week ago, EEK!) was Nuit Blanche (translation: White Night), which is an art event that takes place all over the city of Paris.

It's based around the train stations and the city is covered in really cool art installations. We saw a photo exhibit projected on screens with music playing, walked through a garden with some sort of spoken-word audio exhibit (my French wasn't good enough to get that) and saw some installation where there were a bunch of rubber duckies with European flags floating in a fountain-type thing.

I can't really explain, but the event itself was incredibly cool. The thing I was bummed about missing the most was Patti Smith. She had a concert at Saint-Germain-des-Pres church that would have been incredible, but it filled up before we could get in.



The ducks


These were three screens projecting photos to music in the middle of an orangerie (not THE orangerie, though)

My roommate Jennifer has a good entry about Nuit Blanche in her blog (which also has great entries about fashion week, for those of you into that kind of thing), too, with pictures of us. I didn't take any pictures of people that night.

I did, obviously, take a picture of my late-night sandwich grec, though

mmmmm... sorry, Dave. I DO NOT REGRET IT ONE BIT! 5euros of deliciousness.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You really and truly do look like a ghost on your friend's post. (hey that rhymed!)

I'm jealous that you're in Paris. But most importantly, I miss you!