Sunday, October 26, 2008

Oh yeah and school.

Midterms are over, I got a B (maybe +? I don't remember) on my writing midterm, which isn't bad considering that I really don't click with the teacher. He just doesn't get me, even though he seems like a nice guy. In one of my papers I wrote, "James Joyce may not even recognize 12, rue de l’Odéon were it not for the plaque commemorating the publication of his famous Ulysses in 1922." His note? "Long dead". Really? REALLY? I KNOW THAT. I'm not stupid. It was a hypothetical statement. Anyway, he's a really nice guy but the class is excruciating and I expect a B in the end, most likely. Although we're reading A Movable Feast right now and I'm actually enjoying it a lot. More than I did Toklas even, which I sort of feel bad about. I'll have to re-read that one later.

And Wine! I seriously thought this midterm was going to kill me. I got a 93.5! Heck yes. I totally owned all the essay questions, but the definitions were last and I sort of choked by that point, what can I say?

Gay Paris's midterm was on Wednesday and I don't have it back yet, but I felt good about the test. I actually felt like I knew the material and I studied, but it wasn't cramming. For Oenology I was essentially memorizing things that I never learned. Everything on the Gay test was stuff that we had discussed and I honestly know.

Oh, that paper? Hm. Yeah, I still need to work on that. I have a ton of quotes typed up, a Works Cited Page going, an outline (which I decided to change... tonight... ugh I am crazy) but only about 1pg double spaced of writing right now. I'm getting frustrated with myself because my writing doesn't sound good, so I'm at a point right now where I just need to get over myself, type out my thoughts, and accept that it's a rough draft. It's not actually DUE tomorrow, I still have time to edit! I just hate knowing that other people will see my work when I know that I can do better, especially since I'm really into the book and my topic.

Also, I went to a Halloween party on Friday in the dorms and ended up spending the night there. I woke up at 7:45am the next morning to leave when the other girls did and I think I left my camera there. I hope I left my camera there. The girls are out of town for the weekend though, so I can't be sure. Operating under the optimisting assumption that I will get my camera back on Monday or Tuesday, I will be updating about Reims, my tour and tasting at Mumm's champagne cellar, and the Halloween party. Well, I'll be doing that either way, but hopefully I won't be making a post about my camera being gone for good. That's the kind of post I don't want to make.

EDIT: I got a B+ on my French test and a 93% on my Gay test. Camera still M.I.A., but hopes are high. I only have like 3 days to find it though, because there is no way that I'm going to Italy without a camera.

No comments: