Wednesday, October 1, 2008

La poste!

I got my second piece of mail today-- the first being my absentee ballot.

Apparently local political candidate Mary Treder-Lang really is making me the priority. She's pushing so hard for the absentee vote that she spent $1.50 to send me a giant post card!


Too bad I didn't (and don't) plan on voting for her.

Should anyone other than Mary Treder-Lang be interested in sending me mail, my mailing address is:
c/o CEA Paris
6, rue de Braque
Paris, France 75003

Don't worry guys, it's just a mailing address, not where I actually live. Also fun fact: the last two digits of the zip code are the arrondissement. For example, you can see that my school is in the 3rd. My apartment is in the 18th so that address is 75018.

Also, I bought boots at Zara yesterday

They were heavily discounted and actually in my size, so basically I had to have them. Plus it's fashion week right now and I keep seeing beautiful people everywhere (my school even has a modeling agency in the same building)

Here are a couple pictures from last Thursday when the tents started going up:

Hotel de Ville (by school)

Place de Concorde

And the reason I was at Place de Concorde:

Melanie and I went on another Thursday field trip! We decided to go to the Richard Avedon exhibit at the Jeu de Paume, since it closed that weekend

There was a really long line

But it moved quickly enough.
Overall the exhibit had positives and negatives. The photos were incredible, it was especially cool to see his prints for Harpers Bazaar with his notes all over them. The biggest problem was probably the size of the collection. The Jeu de Paume is not a big museum by any means, and there was 250 portraits featured! It got to be rather overwhelming, especially with the crowds for closing weekend.

Sorry this entry is all over the place (and in reverse chronological order), I need to get better at updating as things happen, but I think we all know how lazy I am...